12/06/2021

Assembling a Grant Line Wheel and Tie car

 Finally got back to it

      I started to assemble this car many many months ago however I became side tracked when I built my additional peninsular for the layout. We have had to go back into lock-down again here in Melbourne, it is very cold in the garage (train room) so I thought I should do something productive and get this thing finished whilst sitting inside where it is warm.

    So far so good, lots of grab irons to bend and fit some being more fiddly than others considering their position on the car.

   I weathered the decks well before I started to assemble the kit.

   This is where I am at with it at the moment. Decals are under way however as this is a very old kit they are very fragile and are breaking quite easily.

 

 

 

                              


    I should be able to get the rest of the decals on today then give the car a spray of Dullcoat and some light weathering. The new cross ties sitting in the background will be added along with a few other details to help with the appearance but to give the car a bit more weight as the frame is all plastic.

Thanks for coming by.

Rod.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice project Rod. Hope your current lock-down does not last long. Tomorrow everything opens back up here in California, we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete