29/06/2018

Another building for the D&RG Monarch Branch

Started to scratch build a new building

     Well it's been really cold here in Bayswater this past week and really cold in the layout room so I thought I would tackle another scratch built building.
     This time I am using my tried and tested method of using styrene. I built many buildings for the SFRSD that turned out okay so I had some material on hand and away I went.
     This is going to be a nondescript warehouse that could be sited at any of the new towns on the RR so with a few hints from pictures of Peters LosPinos & Toltec RR off I went. I marked out the size of the walls on some Slaters 4 mm corrugated siding and cut them nice and square using my (handed down from the Boss) Carl cutter. This is usually used to cut card stock for scrap-booking and card making and did a fab job of scoring the line and with just a small amount of pressure I was able to snap a nice straight line.
    Construction is pretty basic as I just used what I had at hand to re-enforce the internal side of the walls to stop them from getting out of shape. I did use some 4" stock to make stumps around the perimeter so I can add some timber along the bottom of the corrugated iron.
    So after just a few hours this is where I left off on Thursday afternoon.




  
Well that's it for this post and as we will be traveling North for a few weeks probably my last post for a while.
Rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment