04/05/2018

Construction begins


My HOn3 Unnamed layout gets underway.

     I intend to keep going with this Blog even though it will be a different scale RR. Might just change the name to incorporate the new name when I think of one. So for all intense of purposes this will be my new layouts home from now on.

     Although I started to assemble some rolling stock kits for my new venture last year I have not done anymore to those however since moving into our new home vary late last year things have been kinda on hold. Lots to do around the house , fence painting, gardening, new decks and odd jobs, you know the sort.
     So a few weeks ago I ventured out to the local hardware store purchased some paint for my sky and timber for "L Girder construction.
     I had a lot of help from Hels in masking out the three walls for the backdrop and the following day got to and painted the sky. It is a way off my traditional colour as I want my new layout to be based in Autumn moving into winter so it is on the dull side of blue almost grey ish.

  The first pass at a track plan

Not to scale and very ruff. But it is a good thought starter.
      Here is a couple of pics showing the wall colour.








     I should add that the garage is 23.5 feet long and 19 feet wide in the old imperial dims. This should give me plenty of work to do and a good run for my new gear.

Stage 1 of Left wall completed

R/H wall completed this morning.


Well that's it for this post.
Thanks for taking the time to take a look.
Rod.
   

2 comments:

  1. Great to see your new layout taking shape Rod! Looking forward to the build updates. Jas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be a great Start Rod! Looking forward to seeing it grow!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete