29/03/2019

Backdrop painting started.

And about time too.

    I have procrastinated for way too long so last week I set about to start painting my backdrop for the Monarch Branch.
    I decided to start on the Poncha Junction side just to be different so started by roughing in the tops of where I wanted the mountains to go. Horizon lines on model railroads are in my view very critical if you want to create depth in a small space. Anyway the few images below show what I have started with. There is a very long way to go however a good deal of the backdrop will be plaster rock walls and a lot of trees.

Getting the trees deciduous underway.

And some distant hills with a hint of trees plus the foreground
Backdrop at the wye. Fairly happy thus far.

   That's it for this post.
Rod.

1 comment: